Get in as fast as 1 hour
It’s all local
Shop your favorites
Connect with shoppers
Craft Basics Delivery or Pickup
The Instacart buying guide to craft basics
Ready to start on some craft projects at home? Before you dive in, make sure you have all the craft basics you need. Maybe you're already in the middle of a project and just realized you don't have an essential product on hand? Either way, Instacart has you covered. With same-day delivery available for a range of craft basics, Instacart makes your day a little easier. Fill your cart and start using your favorite craft products and brands in as little as 2 hours. Instacart makes finding quality craft basics easier than ever so you can get back to your project right away.
Craft Basics Near Me
Buy your favorite Craft Basics online with Instacart. Order Tape, Glue, Feathers, and more from local and national retailers near you and enjoy on-demand, contactless delivery or pickup within 2 hours.
FAQs about craft basics
Whether you're an expert crafter or you're just getting started, you'll want to have certain basic products at home. Some commonly used craft supplies include:
- Adhesives: tape and glue.
- Fun embellishments: glitter, pom poms, feathers, and googly eyes.
- Paper products: construction paper, card stock, crepe paper, and wax paper.
- Textile products: yarn, felt, thread, and fabric scraps.
- Tools: scissors, foam brushes, paintbrushes, and wire cutters.
You might also incorporate items you might otherwise throw in the recycling bin, like egg cartons or clean jars, into your projects. Likewise, you can use natural materials you find such as rocks, pine cones, or sticks when you're creating something unique.
Masking tape and painter's tape are some of the most commonly used tape types. The 2 kinds of tape are pretty similar. Both have similar weights, and both are made with crepe paper backing. You can even use them to do the same jobs in a pinch. However, they are technically different.
Painters tape is typically green or blue. This kind of tape lets you create clean and crisp lines when you're painting. Painters tape stops paint from bleeding past edges, and it includes a water-repellent surface so it doesn't ruin the quality of your line edge when you're using water-based paint.
Painters tape also peels off without leaving behind a residue or taking paint with it since its adhesive isn't as sticky as regular masking tape adhesive. However, because masking tape has stronger adhesive, it's more versatile. You can use masking tape to fix lightweight items or make labels.
Having the right type of glue is a key component of any crafting project that requires adhesive. Some commonly used products include:
- Glue dots: Glue dots let you get back to crafting without waiting for anything to dry, and they help to eliminate messes. You'll find both removable and permanent glue dots. This glue product is ideal for gift tags, greeting cards, paper projects, photos, and scrapbooking.
- Glue guns: You can use hot glue on both porous and non-porous surfaces. It works well with standard craft projects when you're looking for quick adhesion. Make sure the glue gun fits comfortably in your hand and allows you to pull and release the trigger easily.
- Tacky glue: Tacky glue has long been a favorite with crafters. You can use it with fabric, felt, paper, or plastic. The glue dries clear and stays flexible after drying.
The first pipe cleaners were created to clean out moisture and residue from smoking pipes, and you can use them to clean tight places or small bores. However, when you hear the term, you're likely thinking of craft pipe cleaners! The craft versions are typically thicker and longer than the type you'd use for cleaning. Craft pipe cleaners are usually made from nylon or polyester, so they aren't suited to absorbing liquids. But these colorful products sure are great for craft products.
In fact, craft pipe cleaners often serve as one of the first craft supplies kids experiment with since you can bend them into just about any shape. Pipe cleaners also are quite durable, so you can use them repeatedly. Some examples of things you can make with pipe cleaners include:
- Finger puppets.
The possibilities really are endless when it comes to pipe cleaner crafts.
No matter which craft project you have planned, you can save time and money by ordering the essentials on Instacart. Make your day a little easier by shopping for craft basics via Instacart today!